Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ken's Signature Rice

I did some googling to see if I could find a recipe for this rice dish which is basmati rice, green onion, Italian parsley, 1 minced garlic clove and chives. I found a lot of things close but not a match so I guess for now I'll call it my own. I make this rice a lot. I stumble across it because I thought I was using cilantro, but it was Italian parsley. I didn't think I had any green onions so I threw in some dehydrated chives. Then I found some green onions in the fridge and threw them in as well and garlic in everything I figure. The result is magic and I've made it many times.

Ingredients:
1 cup white basmati rice
2 cups water
Salt for the water
3 to 4 diced green onions
Handful of chopped Italian parsley
2 teaspoons dehydrated chives
1 minced garlic clove
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preparation:
Cook the rice according to instructions which is 1 cup rice, 2 cups water and some salt. When the rice is cooked, remove into a 12" sauté pan. To the rice add the green onions, Italian parsley, chives and garlic. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix, heat completely and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment