Monday, November 9, 2015

Spaghetti with Rao's Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce

A couple years ago I had dinner at Rao's in Las Vegas and it was pretty awesome. Rao's which is pronounced Ray O's now sell pasta sauce by the jar which is available at Safeway, but it's fairly expensive at $8.99. I was getting some pasta for dinner and notice that Rao's pasta sauce was on sale for $7.99, so I picked out the roasted garlic and thought I'd give it a try. In short, I was blown away! My family was like "what is this, this is the best pasta sauce I've ever had" and I agree! Give this one a try even if it's not on sale. 

Ingredients:
1 pound Barilla spaghetti
1 jar Rao's roasted garlic pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil or chopped Italian parsley
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preparation:
Take a large stock pot and fill with water. Add 2 tablespoons salt and bring to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to directions, which is usually 9 - 10 minutes to al dente, which is firm to the bite. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of pasta water. 
Place the pasta sauce in a medium sauce pan, cover and heat to simmer.

Take your 12" sauté pan and heat to medium. Add the spaghetti and half of the pasta sauce. Toss until the sauce has coated all the spaghetti. Add the cup of reserved starchy pasta water. Toss and you're ready to serve.
To serve, place a portion of spaghetti on a serving plate. Top the pasta with some sauce, a grind of salt and pepper and some Parmesan cheese. Garnish the dish with chopped basil or chopped Italian parsley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment