Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Barbecued Chicken Sandwich

It's National Sandwich day so I'm making a barbecued chicken sandwich. I made this a few weeks ago and it was so good that I've made several times since and I'm sure it won't be too long before I make it again. 

Ingredients:
Chicken breast sliced thin
BBQ spice rub
Lettuce
Sliced Tomato
Sliced red onion
Mayonnaise
BBQ sauce
Sourdough Hoagie roll 

Preparation:
Cut the chicken breast into 1/2" steaks and lightly coat both sides with BBQ spice rub of your choice, I used Kirkland Sweet Mesquite Seasoning. Place the chicken in Ziploc bag and marinate for an hour.

Grill the chicken over medium high grill for 3 - 4 minutes per side. When done, set on a plate and let rest 5 minutes.

Take the hoagie roll and place some BBQ sauce on the bottom piece. Place some lettuce, tomato, red onion and then the chicken. Place some mayo on the top piece of the hoagie roll and place on the chicken. Slice in half and plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment