Sunday, August 3, 2014

Orzo Pasta with Chicken, Spinach and Peas

Many nights I just make use ingredients I already have in the fridge. Elin always give me a hard time because I'll take every vegetable and meat out of the fridge and lay it on the counter to see what I have to work with. I'll pick and choose and end up making something like this orzo pasta dish, simply delicious!

1/2 pound Barilla Orzo pasta, cooked
1 diced chicken breast
1 cup sliced cherry tomato's
1/2 cup cooked peas
1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese
Red pepper flakes

Preparation:
Heat a 12" sauté pan to medium high and add the olive oil. Next add the diced red and yellow onion and cook for 2 minutes then add the minced garlic.

After a couple of minutes, add the cherry tomato's, peas, spinach and chicken. Cook until heated about 5 minutes. Lastly, add the Orzo pasta and toss until heated, about another 5 minutes.

Place and portion on a serving plate and drizzle with olive oil and top with a grind of fresh black pepper and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment