Friday, August 15, 2014

Rappini aka Broccoli Raab

I'm at the store and I see this bunch of greens I've never seen before called Rappini. Looked like broccoli and greens and I tasted the leaf and it was very bitter, so I bought some to give a try. When I got home I looked online and found that rappini s also called Broccoli Raab which I have heard of. I chopped it up and sautéed with garlic and it was awesome, I'm so glad to have tried a new vegetable.
 

Ingredients:
1 bunch rappini
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 -3 chopped garlic cloves
Salt and Pepper


Preparation:
Take a 12" sauté pan and heat to medium. Add the olive oil and chopped garlic to the sauté pan and cook for one minute just to soften up the garlic. Rough chop the rappini and add to sauté pan with 1/4 cup water. Cover the rappini and steam cook. Once all the water is evaporated the rappini is done. Salt and pepper the rappini and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment