Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tuscan Style Sautéed Shredded Zucchini

I called this dish Tuscan Style because of the olive oil, garlic, grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes which is common with Tuscan dishes, but it isn't really a dish from Tuscany. I did a Google search on Tuscan Style Sautéed Shredded Zucchini and got my own blog page, so I suppose I could claim this dish as my recipe, well maybe I will someday. Anyway, this has always been one of my favorite ways to prepare zucchini and you'll enjoy.

Ingredients:
3 large zucchini
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 crushed garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Pinch red pepper flakes
Salt & pepper

Preparation:
Wash and cut off both ends of the zucchini. Take your box cheese grater and grate the zucchini. Take 3 or 4 paper towels and cover the zucchini and squeeze out as much moisture and the paper towels will soak up.

Heat a 12" sauté pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When hot add the garlic for 30 seconds and then add the zucchini. Add a grind of salt and sauté the zucchini tossing occasionally. You almost want to cook this like hash browns and get a good crisp on the zucchini and toss. When the zucchini is cooked after about 10 minutes, add half the parmesan cheese and a grind of salt and pepper. Finish the dish by topping with the remaining parmesan cheese and pinch of red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment