Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Black Beans

Well there nothing that kicks my can more than black beans that are actually brown. Therefore, when it comes to black beans I'm a little fussy on which brand I buy. My favorite black beans are by Teasdale, though Bushes are excellent. The reason I like these two is because the liquid they use to pack their black beans makes the best sauce when you mash up some of the black beans. Add a little tobasco sauce, salt and pepper and you're golden.
 
Ingredients:
1 29oz can Teasdale black beans
1 teaspoon tobasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Preparation:
Pour the contents of the black beans into a medium sauce pan and heat to high simmer. Take a potato masher and mash some of the black beans to make a thick sauce. Stir in the tobasco and salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of cotija cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment