Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tofu And Zucchini Stir Fry


I guess I was feeling like I needed to make something healthy. It's all about the tofu in this dish. When tofu is cooked properly the outside will have an almost crispy texture and the inside will be soft and creamy.

As with all fried tofu dishes, you need to place the tofu on paper towels and remove the moisture from the tofu in order for the tofu to get brown and crispy. Secondly, sauté the tofu in canola oil and always season with soy sauce and sesame oil right at the end.

 

Ingredients:
2 packages firm tofu
2 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 bunch green onions


Preparation:
Drain the water from the tofu and dry with paper towels. In order to get the tofu to brown up it's important that the tofu is dry. Dice the tofu into 3/4 inch pieces. Heat a large skillet and add canola oil. Cook the tofu until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.

While cooking the tofu, add the soy sauce. If you like it spiced up then add some Mongolian fire oil. In a separate skillet stir fry the zucchini. When cooked add to the tofu and heat through. Serve over brown basmati rice, top the dish with dice green onions and drizzle with sesame oil.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe, I really want to know on how to make this very delicious recipe. I hope that I can make also my recipe that was made by chicken, I think stir fried chicken will be easy to me.

    ReplyDelete